What were you doing at 8:30 this morning ?
When I called him , he was having dinner .
What were you doing from seven to nine yesterday ?
I was reading the whole morning yesterday .
(3) when while 引导的时间状语从句中，过去进行时的使用：
----- when while 当……的时候
Mary was having dinner when I saw her .
While we were swimming , someone stole our clothes .
The weather was fine while we were in Beijing .
While were talking , the teacher came into the classroom .
--------while 然而, 可是
He likes reading while I like dancing . 他喜欢看书而我喜欢跳舞.
Tom is very confident while Mary is shy and quiet .
(1)肯定句：主语 + was were +动词ing形式 + 时间状语。
(2)否定句：主语 + was were + not + 动词ing形式 + 时间状语。
(3) 疑问句：was were + 主语 + 动词ing形式 + 时间状语 ?
肯定回答：Yes , 主语 + was were . 否定回答：No, 主语 + was were + not .
3. 根据例子， 和词组提示，构成类似对话。
What were you doing last night ? I was working in the office .
Were you working in the office last night ?
Yes, I was . No , I wasn’t .
(1) Mr Zhang , make a model plane
(2) Wei Hua , play the piano , at 8:00 this morning
(3) the twins , play computer games , last night
(4) the smiths, watch TV , at noon yesterday
1. What’s the matter (with you)? 怎么了?出什么事了?
What’s2. I had a cold.我感冒了。
have a cough咳嗽
have a stomachache胃疼，肚子疼 have a toothache牙疼 have a headache头疼
stomach+ache=stomachache head+ache=headache tooth+ache=toothache
4. much too+ 为 。
good enough足够好，enough money=money money
6. lie down躺下， lie 躺，躺着，过去式lay;lie说谎，过去式lied
7. maybe “或许”，常用于句首，表示可能性，后加句子。Maybe you are right.
may be，是情态动词+be的结构，意为“可能，也许”，后加名词、代词或形容词。He may be angry.
8. sound like+名词代词和从句：It sounds like you don’t know the truth. It sounds like a good idea.
sound+形容词，“听起来，好像”，The music sounds nice.
9. need 需要，实义动词need+名词，需要某物;
need to do sth.需要做某事，主语通常是人，表示人主动的动作：You need to listen carefully during class. need doing sth.主语通常是物，表示被动的动作：Your dirty clothes need washing.
10. get off (the bus) 下(公交车) get on 上车
11. agree 同意，赞同;同意做某事，同意某人的看法、观点 。
12. trouble问题，麻烦 ;，make
trouble have trouble (in) doing sth. =have difficulties (in) doing。
13. right away=right now=at once，意为。
14.【复习】 advice [不可数名词]劝告，建议，向…征求意见， give sb. advice on sth.就某事给某人建议; advise [动词 15. 【复习】exercise 动词意为，可数时意为，不可数时意为。
16. hurt 及物动词，使……疼痛，……受伤， 不及物动词，……(部位)疼。 His leg hurt badly.
17. clean 【动词】词】 ，cleaner意为 。18. hit (用手或器具)打;击打 The boy hit the dog with a stone.
1. arrive at 到达(小地方) arrive in到达(大地方)
reach 到达 get to 到达
I arrived in Beijing last night . === I reached Beijing last night .
== I got to Beijing last night .
如果宾语是副词here, there, home, 要把at in to省略:
arrive here there home
get here there home
2. in front of… 在 …… 的前面 (某一范围外的前面)
in the front of … 在 …… 的前面(某一范围内的前面)
There are some big trees in front of the classroom building .
I like sitting in the front of the taxi .
3. take off (1)起飞 When did the plane take off yesterday ?
(2) 脱下(衣帽等) He took off his coat as soon as he went into the room .
(3) 取消 They will take off the 5 am train .
4. get out (of ) … 从……离开出去下来
He tried to get out of bed , but couldn’t .
A car stopped and a girl got out of it .
5.follow (1) 跟随 I followed him up the hill . 我跟着他上了山.
(2) 沿着……前进 Follow this road until you get to the post office .
(3) 听懂,理解 Could you speak more slowly ? I can’t follow you .
(4 )follow sb. to do sth. 跟着某人做某事
Please follow me to read the story .
6. amazing 形容词,修饰名词 令人惊奇的, 令人惊讶的 what an amazing book !
amaze 动词 使某人惊讶 Your letter amazed me .
be amazed at … 对…… 感到惊讶 Everyone was amazed at the bad news .
7. shout at 大声喊叫 多指因生气而非善意的大声叫喊
Don’t shout at the little boy . He is too young .
shout to 大声喊叫 多指因距离远而不得不大声叫喊
We should shout to him , or he can’t hear us .
8. happen 发生 具体事件偶然的没有预见的发生
(1 ) happen to do sth. 碰巧做某事
I happened to meet one of my old friends in the park yesterday .
(2 ) sth happens to sb. 某人发生了某事
An car accident happened to him last month .上个月他发生了交通事故.
take place发生 (1) 按计划进行或按计划发生
Great changes have taken place in China in recent years .
(2 ) (运动 活动会议等) 举行
The meeting will take place next Friday .
take the place of 代替, 取代
Plastics can sometimes take the place of wood and metal .
take one’s place 坐某人的位置, 代替某人的职务.
Come to take my place . my seat is near the window .
9. anywhere 任何地方 常用于否定句或疑问句中.
Did you go anywhere last night ? You can’t get it anywhere .
somewhere 某个地方 用于肯定句
come and see me . Then we’ll go out somewhere .
everywhere 处处, 到处 === here and there
I can’t find my pen though I looked for it everywhere here and there .
10. silence 名词, 寂静 无声
There’s nothing but silence in the room . 屋内寂静无声 .
Keep in silence . 保持沉默.
silent 形容词, 沉默的, 寂静的
The old house was quite silent . 这所老房子寂静无声.
The cat moved on silent feet . 那只猫无声地走动着.
11. hear 听到 Can you hear someone knocking at the door ?
(1) hear of 听说 , 后接表示人或物的词
I have never heard of him before . 我以前从来没有听说过他.
( 2 ) hear about 听说, 后接表示事件的名词
I’ve just heard about his illness .我刚刚听说他生病的事.
Have you heard about the accident ? 你听说了那场事故吗?
(3 ) hear from 收到某人的来信
I heard from my daughter in New York yesterday .
12. 主语 + be + one of the + 形容词最高级 + 复数名词 + in of 短语 .
This was one of the most important events in modern American history .
Shanghai is one of the most beautiful cities in china .
13. experience (1)名词 经验, 不可数名词 ; 经历, 体验, 可数名词
Have you had any experience of fishing ? 你有钓鱼的经验吗?
Could you tell us about your experiences in Africa ?
(2) 动词 经历, 感觉
The children experienced many difficulties this time .
experienced 形容词 有经验的
be experienced in at doing sth. == have much experience in at doing sth.
She is an experienced teacher .他是一个经验丰富的教师.
He is very experienced in at repairing cars . 他修车很有经验.
14. as … as … 和…… 一样… . 两个as之间用形容词或副词的原形.
He works as carefully as she . 他和她一样工作认真.
She is as tall as her mother . 她和母亲一样高.
not as … as…. 不如某人…
he isn’t as so old as he looks . 他不像看起来那么老.
She doesn’t run as so fast as her brother .她不如她哥哥跑得那么快.
15. have fun == have a good great wonderful time ==enjoy oneself玩得开心,过得愉快
Did you have fun at the party ?
== Did you have a good great wonderful time ?
== Did you enjoy yourself ?
have fun doing sth.开心做某事 I’m just having fun playing the guitar .
16. accident 事故, 意外遭遇 He was killed in an accident .他死于一起意外事故.
traffic accident 交通事故 Many people die in traffic accidents every year .
by accident 偶然, 意外地 We met at the airport by accident .
17. scared 恐惧的, 害怕的
afraid恐惧的, 害怕的 I’m very scared afraid . 我很害怕.
be scared afraid of sth 害怕某物 Are you scared afraid of snakes ?
be scared afraid to do sth害怕做某事
He is scared afraid to go out at night .
be scared afraid of doing sth害怕做某事
He is scared afraid of going out at night .
18. think about 考虑 (某个计划 ) They are thinking about moving to Beijing .
think of 认为 What do you think of the movie ?
=== how do you like the movie ?
think over 仔细思考 We need a few days to think over this matter .